Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thoughts on the Current State of Metal

The other day I was thinking about all the sub-genres of Metal and wondered which one will be the next to take the nation by storm. Death-core has lost it's mass effect (though still popular) it isn't as talked about as it was when JFAC came out with their Debut EP, Doom.
I worry about the way which music is going. There is always the possibility that bands like The Black Dahlia Murder and Obscura will be copied. But at the same time, the younger generation of metal heads seem to be listening to bands Such as Attack Attack and Asking Alexandria where the music consists of nothing more than repetitive breakdowns and a weird techno track being played over it.
As I write this, I know why I made this blog in the first place, to alert the people of new metal that displays talent and won't be forgotten in two years. I wonder which band is going to be the Cannibal Corpse (even though personally I don't like them, I have to respect them for staying popular in the industry for over 20 years). I have a few different bands in mind of who I'd like to see tour around the world (Embedded Within, Beyond Dishonor etc...).
Any way I have a few bands that will on here in the next couple of weeks. Starting with Bastions, Slaughter of Elysium and Bring me the Doom.
Stay brutal
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment